- Banner Creek Reservoir
- Fishing Regulations
Persons engaged in fishing shall read and comply with the provisions of this regulation and shall have in their possession a valid State of Kansas fishing license, and comply with the laws of the State of Kansas regarding fishing licenses, and Jackson County Regulations.
4.10 Posting of Special Rules
Notices posted in the Reservoir areas will advise if the lake is closed to fishing, or if special creel limits have been established, or other rules in regard to fishing. Any violation of posted notices is unlawful.
4.20 Minnows and Bait Fish
It shall be unlawful for any person to fish with carp minnows, or to put any surplus minnows in the Reservoir or leave them on the Reservoir premises. All minnows must be presented for county inspection to any officer or agent of the County or State upon request. The taking of any baitfish from the Reservoir is prohibited.
4.30 Fishing Tournaments
There is a fee charged for fishing tournaments.
- $75 flat fee for unlimited boats.
4.40 Fish Disposal
Remains of fish will be disposed of at the fish cleaning station. It is unlawful for any person within the park to put any substance, matter, or thing, whether liquid or solid, into the lake.
4.50 Laws of the State of Kansas
All laws of the State of Kansas pertaining to fishing in State Lakes are hereby adopted and incorporated by reference herein the same as though set out at length herein, insofar as they are not inconsistent with the provisions herein before set out.
4.60 Do Not Tie Boats onto Fish Feeders
All boats must stay back away from fish feeders at least 50 feet.
Fish Length & Creel Limits
- Banner Creek Reservoir was partially stocked in 1996, 1997, and 1998 with Walleye, Channel Cat, Largemouth Bass, Redear Sunfish, Bluegill, Flathead Catfish, and Crappie.
- A Kansas fishing license is required for fishing at Banner Creek Reservoir. All other state fishing laws apply as well as county ordinances.
- If you are fishing after 10:30 pm, you are required to pay a camping fee.
Fishing - Length & Creel Limits
- Channel Cat - 15-inch minimum length
Creel limit - 2
- Largemouth Bass - 18-inch minimum length
Creel limit - 5
- Walleye - 18-inch minimum length
Creel limit - 2