Board of County Commissioners
- Mark A. Pruett, District 1 (Banner, Garfield, Grant, Jefferson, Liberty, Netawaka, Soldier, Straight Creek, Whiting & Ward 3 in Holton City)
- Dan Brenner, District 2 (Franklin, Lincoln, Ward 1 & Ward 2 in Holton City)
- Keith Kelly, District 3 (Adrian, Cedar, Douglas & Washington)
- 9 am to 4:30 pm
- Jackson County Courthouse
400 New York Avenue
Room 106 (first floor)
Holton, KS 66436
If a holiday falls on a Monday, the meeting is moved to Tuesday of the same week. All meetings are open to the public.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Duties of the Commission
The Jackson County Board of Commissioners serve as the governing body of Jackson County. The Jackson County Commissioners are vested by Kansas State Statutes, with both legislative and administrative powers and duties.
These powers and duties include but are not limited to:
- Supervision of County property
- Organization of township following statutory procedures
- Control of the financial affairs of the county
- Approval of the annual budget
- Levying of county taxes
- Designation of depositories for the County Treasurer
- Construction and maintenance of county roads and bridges
- Approval of land use and zoning policies for the county
- Issuance of bonds
- Awarding of contracts
- Incorporation of cities
- Creation of special districts
- Setting of salaries of all county officials
- Providing a jail, courthouse, office space, and supplies for all county officers and the district court
- Appointment of members of various boards and commissions
The Commission also serves as the County Board of Canvassers for elections.
You are more than welcome to utilize the Commissioner's email as a means of contacting the Commission. However, this method will be subject to the conditions of not receiving an answer until the following Commission meeting. You may also call the Commission on Monday (or Tuesday if Monday is a holiday) between 9 am and 4:30 pm. You may also contact them by their individual contact information.